Our Club Records were established as at March 2013. This means that each overall record began as the fastest time for a swimmer of the correct age that was in the database as at March 2013. The records have been running ever since. We have both Short Course (SC) and Long Course (LC) records in the club.
In light of the changes introduced by British Swimming in the 2014-15 Season, we needed to update our records so that every age group has a record in every event, rather than them being limited to BAGCat and associated LTAD events. We took the decision to make this change after the last BAGCat event had been swum, which for us was Hertfordshire ASA County Championships 2015. Therefore, any event swum after 1st April 2015 has counted towards the records; there has been no backfilling of times set before this point.
Short Course Records
As well as the SC Club Records, there are age group records for under 9s, 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s, 13s, 14s, 15s, 16s, 17s and 18+. The record progressions are tracked at the end of the document for each age group.
Records as at 11/02/2022: SC-Records
Long Course Records
As well as the LC Club Records, there are age group records for 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s, 13s, 14s, 15s, 16s, 17s and 18+. The record progressions are tracked at the end of the document for each age group.
Records as at 11/09/2023: LC-Records
Relay records are established for the relays that we race in league events and at championship events. The record progressions are tracked at the end of the document for each age group.
Records as at 04/02/2024: Relay-Records
A club record may be broken:
- At any licensed meet, level 4 upwards (including Level X introduced in 2020)
- At any unlicensed meet, such as Hertfordshire Swimming Leagues, etc as long as it is run by qualified officials, including timekeepers
- At internal club trials for competition purposes (e.g. County Distance Trials) only
- Leading leg of relays at meets that fulfil one of the above requirement
- Legal split times from longer distance events
A club record may not be broken:
- If the swimmer was not entered into the competition as Harpenden Swimming Club (e.g. school teams, university teams, second claim clubs)
At internal time trials except as specified above
Any external meet, such as schools galas, that doesn’t use qualified officials
Non-Lead Relay Legs
Split times from backstroke events
Split times from IMs other than the butterfly
Converted times from short course to long course or vice versa