This is a reminder that entries for the Legacy Meet on 2/3 October close on Wednesday 8th September at 6pm.
Please look on the portal to choose your races (43 of you have yet to respond), and for those who’ve already entered (59 of you, thank you) please double-check your entry before the deadline as it’s so much easier than amending afterwards.
As one of the first meets to be held in the region, it’s proving to be extremely popular with other local clubs and we fully expect it will be at capacity with no late entries available.
We understand that racing is new to some of our younger swimmers – but as part of a competitive swimming club, you are expected to race at these meets. If your swimmer is feeling unsure, please speak to one of the committee or other parents at the club about any concerns (I’ll be at the pool on Friday evening and Sunday afternoon). The club will support all swimmers at the meet, but we can’t do this unless they are entered.
Legacy is one of the best meets in the year for the following reasons:
– you will know lots of swimmers there from the club; there is no other meet that will have more HSC swimmers participating
– it’s a local event so there’s less travel time
– it’s fun with music on poolside and professional commentary
– it’s going to be broadcast live so Granny can watch and join in from afar!
– you can enter events where you’ve not got a time previously (this isn’t the case for all meets)
– you can get some guaranteed swims and post some times to the ranking database, which means you’ll be able to enter future meets
– money raised from this meet goes back to YOUR club
The schedule and recommended events are attached to this mail. Max of 3 events per session.